Planning: Casting

For my music video I need a male and a female to take part in my video. The female has a bigger role than the male as they need to do a lot of lip syncing throughout the video, whereas the male is just acting out on the chorus and end part of the music video. It is vital that I pick the right female for this as she is the main character and is representing the song, the male has to be confident to act in love with the female and also comfortable doing so. Within the school Sixth Form, there are a lot of talented people. I have narrowed down to eight people to perform in my music video. 

From the 15 females in year 13, I have picked two of them that I feel will be the best. There profiles consist of:


   
 
Jerin Thomas, aged 18.
Studies: Health and Social, Biology and Chemisty. 
Interests: Dancing, being with friends and family and watching films. 
Jerin did interest me in being in the music video, but I know she is quite shy which means she won't have much confidence in front of the camera which wouldn't be ideal for the video. If I was to have any other roles in the music video that didn't include lip-syncing and looking into the camera then I would have Jerin in my video. 



   Tonicha Hughes, aged 17. 
   Studies: Health and social, Media and Drama. 
   Interests: Spending time with friends and  
   family, horse riding, learning and reading. 
   Tonicha was a really strong candidate for the video. 
   She studies Drama which means she has to be 
   confident when performing in front of people, she 
   may already have the lip syncing skills so I won't 
   have to teach her them which will save time for 
   production. Tonicha is very flexible when it comes 
   to having time to film which is useful as I have a
   very tight schedule, but Tonicha will be available
   most of the time to film 
   I have chose Tonicha to be my 
   leadrole in the  music video of "Run" by Jasmine  
   Thompson, as I believe she is the best female I   
   could get to play the part of a emotionally 
   brokenfemale. 


Out of the 25 males in year 13, I picked six of them that I thought would be suitable candidates to be the male in my video. They don't have to do as much as the female so I just needed to see a few of their acting skills to see if they would be the right on for the job. 


  Oli Iarrobino, aged 17. 
  Studies: Business, Media and English Language.
  Interests: Dancing, singing, being with           
  friends and watching films. I know that Oli is good
  at singing and  dancing, but his acting skills didn't  
  seem as up to scratch as I would've liked it to be.
  Oli wasn't the most suitable candidate for the role. 
    









   


  Brian Oblitey, aged 17. 
  Studies: Business, Drama and Media.
  Interests: Studying, dancing, acting, being with  
  friends, visiting his home country of France. 
  Brian was suitable for the role, but he has a lot of 
  work to with his own music video and said it will
  be hard for him to commit to the role.  












 Jack Gardener, aged 17. 
 Studies: History, Media and English Language.
 Interests: playing football, being with friends and  
 studying.
 Jack wasn't the best candidate for the job because he
 has a very busy schedule so it would be hard to fit   
 filming in around it.










 
 Titus  Goremucheche, aged 18.
 Studies: Business, Media and Drama.
 Interests: Dancing, studying, being with friends.
 Titus was a very strong candidate, but he didn't feel  
 very comfortable doing the acting with the female I
 have chosen to be apart of the video.












  

  
  Jack Stanley, aged 18.    
  Studies: Media, English Language and Product  
  design.
  Interests: Playing rugby, playing video games and 
  spending time with family.
  Jack is a very confident individual, but when he was
  acting he was shy and didn't want to do the stuff I 
  asked of him because he felt embarrassed.









 

  

  


  Luke Gibson, aged 17.
  Studies: Law, ICT and English Language.
  Interests: playing for the local football team,

 
studying and spending time with family.
  
Luke was the most suitable candidate for the role

  of the male in my music video, he has the best 
  confidence in front of the camera which is what I 
  need to make my music video as good as possible.

  He and Tonicha have a strong friendship which 
  will make it a more natural video.

No comments:

Post a Comment