The song I will be using to create my music video is called Run and is by Jasmine Thompson. The director of this is myself, Katie Miller.
For my music video I would like 40% narrative and 60% performance, for the verses within the song it will be set in a room, this is where the narrative will be used. When the chorus starts it will be a boy and a girl having a good time, and there will be some acting which relates to the words. As the chorus has a fast tempo I thought it would be a good idea to have more movement within it, and to have a more still setting when my actress is singing, this will create a bigger impact to what the song is about.
I would like to use a bedroom which is very girly and pretty, the actress I will be using for the will be a typically pretty girl with respectable clothes on, this will show innocence which relates to the song. Her make up will be natural and well completed.
This bedroom is the thing I would like to portray in my music video, it is very girly, but it also shows maturity with the girl, this also links back to the song because it is such a tender song.
This is the kind of area I would like to use, this is Boughton House which is owned by the Duke of Buccleuch. These grounds are linked to our school which will give me an advantage to use these grounds as a part of the music video, it will also be good to use these grounds because I will be representing my school but without doing it in the school itself. The couple will be walking round, happy and enjoying themselves to fit in with the chorus.
This is how I would like my couple to be walking throughout the chorus, it will show their love and passion for each other. The actor I will be using will be around and the actress will be around 5 ft 4, this will show a significant height different between them both. By the male being taller it could portray the power that the male has over the female, the lyrics in the song also show this. I will use a vary of different shots/angles during this part of the music video such as long shots, low angle, high angle, close ups, mid shot and hand held shot. The part of the couple walking around the Boughton house grounds will be the edited to the chorus of the song, this is because it is a faster beat and will suit the happy couple spending time together.
There are three verses in the song called 'Run', these three verses are very calm and emotional. This scene of the music video doesn't necessarily mean that the male and female have broke up, it could mean all kinds of things such as the male going away to war or they have had to move apart from each other, etc. I want this part of the music video to be very meaningful and worthwhile for the viewers to watch. The actress that I will have in the music video will be looking at old photos of when they were happy. I would like the lighting of this part of the to be dark but a big blaze of lighting aimed at the girl.




No comments:
Post a Comment